We are more than a 125-member partnership, representing a full spectrum of northern New York/Adirondack region health care agencies, working together to plan for and manage health care restructuring.
New York’s Performing Provider Systems (PPS) were formed to lead regional partnerships. Our PPS spans nearly 11,000 square miles and nine counties: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Warren, and Washington Counties, and portions of Fulton, Saratoga and St. Lawrence.
- Attributed lives: more than 143,000
While a Medicaid program, the region’s 700,000 residents benefit from the increased support of population health.
- We received two planning grants to create process and planning for DSRIP implementation in our region.
- A one-year Project Design Planning Grant, ($891,000) in July 2014, and an additional $1.2 million in planning dollars in early 2015.
- In May 2015, we received a performance-based valuation award of approximately $187 million to be used over a five-year span.
About DSRIP – Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program
- DSRIP (Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program) is funded by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Up to $6.42 billion federal dollars was allocated to New York State with payouts based upon achieving predefined results in system transformation, clinical management and population health.
- DSRIP is the main mechanism by which the New York State Department of Health implements Medicaid redesign. DSRIP’s purpose is to fundamentally restructure the health care delivery system by reinvesting in the Medicaid program, with a particular focus on reducing hospital readmissions by 25 percent over five years.