We are more than a 125-member partnership, representing a full spectrum of northern New York/Adirondack region health care agencies, working together to plan for and manage health care restructuring.
New York’s Performing Provider System (PPS) were formed to lead regional partnerships. Our PPS spans nearly 11,000 square miles in the northern New York/Adirondack region, serving nine counties: Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Warren, and Washington Counties, and portions of Fulton, Saratoga and St. Lawrence.
- Attributed lives: more than 143,000
While a Medicaid program, the region’s 700,000 residents are expected to benefit from the increased support of population health.
AHI PPS Planning
Our geography requires strong localized planning units to develop plans and improve performance.
- Regional Health Innovation Teams (RHIT) were formed and are led by experts in health care transformation from primary care, acute care, and behavioral health setting. Each team includes representation from the full care continuum. See AHI PPS Partners for a team list.
- The teams solicited partners, set goals, completed a Community Needs Assessment – Final Report and selected projects which formed the basis of the AHI PPS application submitted to the DOH in December 2014.
- We received two planning grants to create process and planning for DSRIP implementation in our region.
- A 1-year Project Design Planning Grant, ($891,000) in July 2014, and an additional $1.2 million in planning dollars was received early 2015.
- In May 2015, we received a performance based valuation award of approximately $187 million.
- The valuation award will be distributed over a five-year period.
- That award is not a grant, the amount is the maximum the AHI PPS can receive and is based on our partnership’s ability to meet each project milestone.
- PPS partners will need a business model to sustain them. AHI will be engaged and assist with the process.
About DSRIP – Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment
- DSRIP (Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment) is funded by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Up to $6.42 billion federal dollars has been allocated to New York State with payouts based upon achieving predefined results in system transformation, clinical management and population health.
- DSRIP is the main mechanism by which New York State Department of Health will implement the Medicaid redesign. DSRIP´s purpose is to fundamentally restructure the health care delivery system by reinvesting in the Medicaid program.
Visit our Partners Page for a list of the AHI PPS partners.
See the DSRIP Timeline to get an overview of the project implementation.