A strongly-supported workforce is essential to health access and economic development in rural and underserved communities. We work with our partners to identify and address health care workforce needs across the Adirondacks and North Country.
AHI PPS Workforce Committee
The AHI PPS Workforce Committee includes representatives from each of our nine counties – Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Hamilton, Saratoga, St. Lawrence, Warren and Washington – with representation from hospitals, primary care, long-term care, behavioral health, training and education, and other key stakeholders.
The Workforce Committee is the governing body for all workforce activities. Committee members are appointed by the Steering Committee and are responsible for development, implementation and oversight to ensure the AHI PPS retains, hires and trains staff to support successful implementation of the 11 DSRIP projects. View AHI PPS DSRIP Projects for descriptions of project activities.
1. Compensation and Benefits Workgroup
- Develop a plan to complete a comprehensive compensation and benefit analysis to compare current salary ranges and future expectations;
- Review and assess the impact of DSRIP initiatives over time.
2. Recruitment and Retention Workgroup
- Meet monthly to implement strategies to attract and retain the necessary workforce for successful DSRIP implementation;
- Review recruitment fund applications submitted by partners;
- Periodically review and update guidelines for the fund to ensure the needs of the PPS are being addressed.
3. Training and Resources Workgroup
- Identify training resources in the community and communicate their availability via the PPS learning management system;
- Compile a list of training resources available on a regional level for in-person training and identify webinar training based modules;
- Review training fund applications from partners;
- Periodically review and update guidelines to ensure the needs of the PPS are being met;
- Review needs related to behavioral health, substance abuse and palliative care to develop initiatives to enhance current training opportunities.
Workforce Advisory Council
A group of subject matter experts and interested parties review and discuss workforce initiatives in our region. In-person meetings take place twice annually.
Recruitment and Retention Funds
Recruitment and Retention Funds support partner workforce recruitment/retention programs and strategies, including those that address regional needs and shortages. Find the request guideline and application at Workforce Recruitment and Retention Fund and Training Fund.
Training Funds support necessary workforce training activities to ensure the region has the appropriate workforce in place for successful DSRIP project implementation. Find the request guideline and application at Workforce Recruitment and Retention Fund and Training Fund.
AHI PPS Workforce Training Tools and Opportunities
- AHI PPS DSRIP Training Sign-In Sheet
- How to Best Leverage 3RNet in New York – November 17
- Innovation in Recruitment and Retention – December 11-15 (five sessions at five locations)
- Community Health Workers and Chronic Conditions – ongoing
- SBIRT Distance Learning Course – ongoing
AHI PPS Workforce Training Resources
- DSRIP Training Evaluation Form
AHI PPS Partner Career Opportunities
Visit AHI PPS Partner Career Opportunities for a list of partners and links to their career opportunities web pages.