We’re working toward an advanced system of care where patient outcomes and provider payments are aligned. Primary care is essential to that model.
Participating primary care practices can be transformed by:
- implementing evidence-based care;
- adopting Electronic Medical Records (EMR) with e-prescribing systems
- creating disease management supports, and
- participating in quality measurement and improvement activities.
Practice representatives participate in Adirondack Medical Home Initiative (AMHI) governance through the Governance Committee. Visit workgroups and committees for more information.
AMHI is organized into three geographic “pods”
- Tri-Lakes (Saranac Lake and surrounding communities); also known as Pod 1. Director: Bob Cawley, Director, Health Systems Transformation, AHI.
- Lake George (Lake George and surrounding communities, including Long Lake and Newcomb); also known as Pod 2. Director: Cynthia Nassivera-Reynolds, VP of Support, Hudson Headwaters Health Network.
- Northern Adirondack (Plattsburgh and surrounding communities); also known as Pod 3. Director: Karen Ashline, Assistant Vice President, Adirondacks ACO Northern Medical Home.
AHI provides services to the PODs in consideration for service fees via a Central Services Agreement (CSA). Services include:
- Stakeholder Contracts & Agreements
- Participation /Engagement
- Pay for Performance
- Grant Writing & Management
- RTI Site Visits
More information? Visit FAQs to learn more about AMHI.