The Managed Care Technical Assistance Center (MCTAC) has announced a new Utilization Management (UM) and Billing Rules and Practices training series.
A kick-off webinar is being held from 12-1 p.m., Wednesday, March 23, broadly covering:
- The services to be covered by Managed Care that are subject to utilization management;
- The purpose of utilization management;
- How organizations can prepare for UM expectations;
- A review of general billing guidelines.
Register for the March 23 kick-off webinar via MCTAC Event Registration.
The webinar will be supported by in-person presentations for adult behavioral health providers, covering:
- A review of the UM and billing rules and practices for all adult behavioral health providers;
- State OMH and OASAS UM guidelines by program type;
- UM rules and practices by managed care organizations;
- Billing guidance review;
- Review of field-by-field requirements for managed care organizations for 837i billing form.
In-person UM and billing presentations will be held in the North Country and Albany.
- Lake Placid: Tuesday, April 19, (location to be determined), registration pending.
- Albany: Thursday, March 31, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Radisson Hotel. Register for Albany/March 31 via MCTAC Event Registration.
The intended audience for this series is staff responsible for:
- Utilization management
- Utilization review
- Authorization activities
- Program directors
- Senior management
- Agency finance
- Revenue cycle
Please note: this presentation does NOT include Health Home billing information nor does it include UM information for Home and Community-Based Service (HCBS) providers. There will be a UM training specific to HCBS later in 2016.
For More Information
Please email [email protected] with any questions.