We’re working toward an advanced system of care where patient outcomes and provider payments are aligned. Primary care is essential to that model.
Participating primary care practices can be transformed by:
- implementing evidence-based care;
- adopting Electronic Medical Records (EMR) with e-prescribing systems;
- creating disease management supports; and
- participating in quality measurement and improvement activities.
Practice representatives participate in Adirondack Medical Home Initiative (AMHI) governance through the Governance Committee.
AMHI is organized into three geographic “pods”
- Tri-Lakes (Saranac Lake and surrounding communities); also known as Pod 1. Director: Bob Cawley, Chief Information Officer, AHI.
- Lake George (Lake George and surrounding communities, including Long Lake and Newcomb); also known as Pod 2. Director: Cynthia Nassivera-Reynolds, VP, Transformation and Clinical Quality, Hudson Headwaters Health Network.
- Northern Adirondack (Plattsburgh and surrounding communities); also known as Pod 3. Director: Karen Ashline, Associate Vice President, Adirondacks ACO Northern Medical Home.
More information? Visit FAQs to learn more about AMHI.